Sunday, January 15, 2012

Recipes From Beyond

Okay I am not very sure if people who have passed or died can communicate with the living. Well I even feel funny for saying "people who have died". I believe once your energy leaves this plane, it is off to another place, not to be returned. However, that discussion is for another blog. Getting back to my current tell, I mean can people really communicate after their passing. One women, a medium, who was on the late night radio show I was listening to said she has always been able to hear, and most of the time see the people who have passed. That's not even the most interesting thing about her claims. The most interesting thing is that most of the dearly departed she has communicated with, has not given her the location of that poor sweet family cat that had been missing and dead right under the house crawl space, or what the next lottery numbers are, or where lost life insurance policies are, or a coveted wedding ring is, or not even what the "other side is like". Of all things, they tell her their coveted cooking recipes! I am not making this up. She said "you know how everyone, especially females have those recipes that never reveal the ingredients to, or that they leave out the most important ingredient?" "I am told that ingredient so that I can make it". Oh I laughed from a good old healthy place from this woman's stories. I didn't laugh because I did not believe her, it was that these people or spirits remembered they shafted their loves on out of the main ingredient of a delicious recipes. I thought about the scene when they were living. I think it went something like this...daughter -in- law asked, " Mama Deena, Frank loves your fried cabbage dish " Can you please tell me how to make it? He does not rave about mine when I make it." Mama Deena looks at her daughter-in law and says I really don't give out my recipes honey.  But, I want my son to eat as good as he did with me. Now you have to know I cook a little differently from you dear so it may not come out the same but I know you will do your best. The recipe is such an such an such...." and that's all I put it in it, with love." You have to picture a smirk on Mam Deena's face as she give's her the last ingredient. Oh that is funny. But now that Mama Deena has passed, she has had some second thoughts about the deed. In comes the median. She can now lay her recipe so she can now surely rest. You know I don't doubt her. It doesn't mean the whole story in it's entirety, is not humorous though.  At any rate, I hope the recipes
that are chronicled in "spirit filled"  (could not resist that one) cook book are truly delicious and bring lots of joy,  laughter, good feelings and full stomachs even more than her compilation of how she wrote her cook did for me.
One more thing, I thought a good title for her would be "The Ghost Recipe Whisperer" What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! really Great Articles! i have experienced the same things also!

    ReplyDelete